Addiction.. just a human behavior where they continue to indulge themselves to something that provides pleasure. Morphine, Nicotine and Caffeine are clearly things that humans abuse when it comes to taking it; however, the opium wars promoted the usage of these substances contriubting to human civilization. Opium is said to be 10% morphine and that opium is mostly used for herbal medicines before. I guess that if they use it as medicine and not treat it as some candy it would be acceptable to have an intake of these. Humans back then treat it as an alternative for alcohol since opium was cheaper; moreover, both serve as an intoxicant. Morphine is a kind of narcotice which numbs the senses and induce sleep. I just dont get why it's addicting, but i believe that it has something to do with escaping pain. What's more? there's a stronger substance.which we all know as Heroin (diacetylmorphine) people were wrong to think that it had no side effects and is free of addiction but they were wrong resulting to a ban on these substances. Next is nicotine. Today, people continnue to smoke until their lungs spill out, but back then, smoking did not achieve universal approval, and it is included that even torture couldn't stop its increasing popularity. This is another thing I don't understand. People continue to smoke even nicotine destroys your heart circulation and unfortunately, could kill you in huge doses. I just believe that smoking is a sure fire way of suiciding. Well... honestly, i don't have anything against caffeine since i like the drinks with it; however I just learned that it doesn't really wake us up, but stop the adenosine, which makes us sleepy. Well it's somehow the same, but i think it's different because the purpose that it's implying is stoping a particular thing. What's scary is that Caffeine has a link with cancer. heart disease, osteoporosis, ulcer, liver disease, etc... Luckily, there are no evidence that we could get those diseases due to overdosage (Yay!) . Last thing is that chocolate has an ingredient of marijuana (THC), which alters mood. So now that people like chocolate that much, it's fun to know if it really alters their mood because i don't notice anything with myself. haha...
WOOOOOOOWEEEE..man do i looove me some morphine. When i got hit by a car the first thing the paramedic said was "HEY! Either you are gonna shut up, or imma put this big needle into you" From that point on i was knocked out until I got inside the CT machine.
But back then, that was the only form of painkiller they had, (opium heroine etc.) But nowadays since people figured out that if you set some of that stuf on fire...there are some effects. And thats why some of this stuff is illegal today. However we still use morphine in our medicine..even cocaine, (novacaine...look it up). Tyrone Biggums would've loved to have been born in the 1600's.
AHH ADDICTIONS....NOT GOOD NOT GOOD AT ALL....I REALLY THINK ALL ADDICTIONS ARE MENTAL ADDICTIONS....ITS THE PERSONS BRAIN PLAYING TRICKS ON THE PERSON....HAHAHAHA SOUNDS A BIT FUNNY, BUT ITS REALLY BAD. HA, MORPHINE, NICOTINE, AND CAFFEINE ARE 3 OF MANY MORE THINGS PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO. UNFORTUNATLLY I AM ADDICTED TO ONE OF THOSE THREE FACTORS....**COUGH** CAFFEINE **COUGH** HAY I CAN'T HALP IT!! OPIUM, COOL....ANOTHER THING PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO?? WAIT, WHAT AM I SAYING THATS BAD. I PERSONLY THING/KNOW AN ADDICTION CAN BE STOPPED, LIKE I SAID ITS THE BRAIN, WHICH IS PLAYING TRICKS ON A PERSON. CAFFEINE HAS A LINE WITH CANCER?!?! ARE YOU NUTS?? WAIT AM I NUTS?!!? OMG!! I GOTA STOP DRINKING COFFIE AND OTHER CAFFINATED DRINKS....OMG IM SCAIRED NOW.... OMG IM SHOCKED AND WORD LESS....THAT SHOULD SUPPORT, ME NOT WRITING ANYMORE.
Addiction.. just a human behavior where they continue to indulge themselves to something that provides pleasure. Morphine, Nicotine and Caffeine are clearly things that humans abuse when it comes to taking it; however, the opium wars promoted the usage of these substances contriubting to human civilization. Opium is said to be 10% morphine and that opium is mostly used for herbal medicines before. I guess that if they use it as medicine and not treat it as some candy it would be acceptable to have an intake of these. Humans back then treat it as an alternative for alcohol since opium was cheaper; moreover, both serve as an intoxicant. Morphine is a kind of narcotice which numbs the senses and induce sleep. I just dont get why it's addicting, but i believe that it has something to do with escaping pain. What's more? there's a stronger substance.which we all know as Heroin (diacetylmorphine) people were wrong to think that it had no side effects and is free of addiction but they were wrong resulting to a ban on these substances. Next is nicotine. Today, people continnue to smoke until their lungs spill out, but back then, smoking did not achieve universal approval, and it is included that even torture couldn't stop its increasing popularity. This is another thing I don't understand. People continue to smoke even nicotine destroys your heart circulation and unfortunately, could kill you in huge doses. I just believe that smoking is a sure fire way of suiciding. Well... honestly, i don't have anything against caffeine since i like the drinks with it; however I just learned that it doesn't really wake us up, but stop the adenosine, which makes us sleepy. Well it's somehow the same, but i think it's different because the purpose that it's implying is stoping a particular thing. What's scary is that Caffeine has a link with cancer. heart disease, osteoporosis, ulcer, liver disease, etc... Luckily, there are no evidence that we could get those diseases due to overdosage (Yay!) . Last thing is that chocolate has an ingredient of marijuana (THC), which alters mood. So now that people like chocolate that much, it's fun to know if it really alters their mood because i don't notice anything with myself. haha...
ReplyDeleteWOOOOOOOWEEEE..man do i looove me some morphine.
ReplyDeleteWhen i got hit by a car the first thing the paramedic said was "HEY! Either you are gonna shut up, or imma put this big needle into you" From that point on i was knocked out until I got inside the CT machine.
But back then, that was the only form of painkiller they had, (opium heroine etc.)
But nowadays since people figured out that if you set some of that stuf on fire...there are some effects. And thats why some of this stuff is illegal today. However we still use morphine in our medicine..even cocaine, (novacaine...look it up). Tyrone Biggums would've loved to have been born in the 1600's.
Chemistry is Cool.
*-*Hamza shah*-* RESPONING TO RON'S POST -
ReplyDeleteAHH ADDICTIONS....NOT GOOD NOT GOOD AT ALL....I REALLY THINK ALL ADDICTIONS ARE MENTAL ADDICTIONS....ITS THE PERSONS BRAIN PLAYING TRICKS ON THE PERSON....HAHAHAHA SOUNDS A BIT FUNNY, BUT ITS REALLY BAD. HA, MORPHINE, NICOTINE, AND CAFFEINE ARE 3 OF MANY MORE THINGS PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO. UNFORTUNATLLY I AM ADDICTED TO ONE OF THOSE THREE FACTORS....**COUGH** CAFFEINE **COUGH** HAY I CAN'T HALP IT!! OPIUM, COOL....ANOTHER THING PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO?? WAIT, WHAT AM I SAYING THATS BAD. I PERSONLY THING/KNOW AN ADDICTION CAN BE STOPPED, LIKE I SAID ITS THE BRAIN, WHICH IS PLAYING TRICKS ON A PERSON. CAFFEINE HAS A LINE WITH CANCER?!?! ARE YOU NUTS?? WAIT AM I NUTS?!!? OMG!! I GOTA STOP DRINKING COFFIE AND OTHER CAFFINATED DRINKS....OMG IM SCAIRED NOW.... OMG IM SHOCKED AND WORD LESS....THAT SHOULD SUPPORT, ME NOT WRITING ANYMORE.